[AusNOG] exetel sydney down

Thomason, Simon Simon.Thomason at racq.com.au
Thu Apr 22 08:40:43 EST 2010

Hey Mark,

I read this and have a little Laugh to myself as I have seen many a titled "Network Engineer" or even "Senior Network Engineer" reported faults on services' with little to no fault finding on their behalf. We are talking about simple stuff they have neglected to do.

I also know a lot of people that are not titled as such who do a fantastic job of fault find and provide the required information (end-users)!

I do understand that most end-users would have no idea, but that said there are also a lot of people in a position where they should know what to do who do not for whatever reason.

Cheers,
Simon