[AusNOG] VPLS Router Support

Ryan Benson mail at ryanbenson.net
Tue Apr 20 10:54:06 EST 2010

Yes the topology is more of a daisy chain than a mesh layout with a
few resilient links thrown in here and there for good measure. Using
STP between Metro sites with a secondary link is where I am feeling
the pain at the moment.

Most documents I have seem to have the standard Site A Company A, --->
Layer 2 ---> Site B Company B type scenario, where I will be pulling
Vlans up to reseller interconnects and letting them do what they like
over it. This is where I am unsure if MPLS will be sufficient to do
the job.

Based on the fact the network is more of a daisy chain than a mesh,
would there be any advantages between going with LDP or BGP? (Not to
say that in the future it wont be fully meshed)

Thanks again,

- R