[AusNOG] How do you label?

Bob Purdon bobp at purdon.id.au
Sun Apr 18 18:58:41 EST 2010

 > what do you use for labeling your network gear?

In my last job, we started with the P-touch approach, but it was very
poor for cabling, and as you suggested, eventually falls off equipment.

We ended up with a Brady labeller - which was great, it had labels for
pretty much any application - from fibre patch leads, to cat-6 patch
leads, to equipment, or labels over an inch high that were good for
labelling racks.

Wasn't cheap, but the result was well worth it.  Their PC software that
you can use to drive it (mailmerge style) sucked a bit - it was usable
once you undertstood it's quirks though.