[AusNOG] asiapacific.anu.edu.au down

Alastair Waddell awaddell at legion.com.au
Sun Apr 18 16:02:39 EST 2010

Mark, it's just the host asiapacific and not the host on anu.edu.au

----- "Mark Caetano" <mark at akami.info> wrote:

> I'm having trouble tracing, pinging and loading it, however anu.edu.au
>
> works fine over an Internode connection.
>
> Perhaps due to the political situation and the nature of the content,
>
> it could very well be a DoS/DDoS attack.

asiapacific.anu.edu.au has address 150.203.231.39
anu.edu.au has address 130.56.60.81

port 443 is responding though I can't load a page

telnet asiapacific.anu.edu.au 443
Trying 150.203.231.39...
Connected to asiapacific.anu.edu.au.
Escape character is '^]'.

but port 80 is a no-show.

It does look like a resource-exhausted host suggesting DoS.

Regards,
Alastair

--
Alastair Waddell