[AusNOG] FW: [DNS] Signing DNS root zone. Wanted: You

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Fri Apr 16 11:20:13 EST 2010

Sorry for Cross posting from one list to another, but this is highly relevant and of interest from the AU DNS list on which registrars sit.

I was speaking to a few other members of this list during the week over some beers & curry, and I don't think anyone realises the gravity of this.

One of the KEY SIGNING EVENTs listed below would be something that would be IDEAL to host during AUSNOG.

I am of the understanding that the overwhelming thing here that everyone is missing is that the keys must be passed PHYSICALLY from the point of origin, usually somewhere in the U.S., Flown across to Australia, and Diseminated in-person, not electronically for obvious reasons.

This is why IN-PERSON events such as AusNOG would be an ideal place to 'pass the torch'.

I am not an authority on this by any means, but it is something that I am being made aware of.

Sean.