[AusNOG] List charter Vs Reporters on the list

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Wed Apr 14 19:20:01 EST 2010

On 14/04/2010, at 6:50 PM, David Hooton wrote:

> Journo's are going to want comment or inside information - thats their job - if you don't want to comment or don't want to be quoted, just politely decline and be flattered that your opinion is considered important enough to get into the news.

I concur with this.

All the journos I've spoken to over the last few years have been
paragons of decency regarding on the record, off the record, and
when quoting is and isn't appropriate.

It sounds like there's a bunch of bellyaching here about the fact
that sometimes you get phone calls from people you don't want to talk
to.

Boo hoo, cry me a river.

Seriously, if you don't want to talk to them, politely decline and
get back to your day.  It ain't that hard.

  - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  newton at atdot.dotat.org  (H)