[AusNOG] RFC3514 The Security Flag in the IPv4 Header

James Spenceley james at vocus.com.au
Wed Apr 7 20:41:01 EST 2010

It's not an April fool but i dug it out, i was bored that week (c.1999) ....

<to the tune, of Money for Nothing>

(... I want my ...)
(... I want my ...)
(... I want my BGP ... )

Now look at them packets, thats the way you do it.
You route your packets on the M  A  E.
That ain't working, private connects the way you do it.
Bandwidth for nothin' and your traffic error free.
Now that ain't working, you gotta pay dem RADB fee.
Lemm tell ya them guys ain't dumb.
Maybe get a blister on your typing fingure,
Maybe get dampened on your B G P.

We gotta install microwave uplinks.
Custom queue deliveries
We gotta config these new PVCs.
We gotta prepend our /23s.

See that little faggot with enable and the markup.
Yeah buddy thats his OC3.
That little faggot got his own IPO.
That little faggot's a paper millionarie.

We gotta install DSL circuits
Custom PVC deliveries
We got upgrade these DS3s
We got upgrade those IXPs

I shoulda learned to play with IP.
I shoulda learned more Layer 3.
Look at that MED, he got it down the wrong T3.
Man he can't ACK any TCP.
And he's up there, whats that, spoofed IPs ?
Bangin those circuits as hard as can be.
That ain't working, thats the way you do it.
Get you traffic for nothing via smart BGP.

We gotta install GigE cores
Custom WDM deliveries
We gotta move these T C Ps
We gotta move these U D Ps

Now look at them MAEs, thats the way to do it,
You rate-limit your ICMP.
That ain't working, thats the way we route it
Moving IP, gets you chicks you see.

CEO
Vocus Group Limited
Level 1, Vocus House