[AusNOG] Power consumption of NBN (was Re: [ISOC-AU-mems] Quigley announces architectural "stakein the ground"

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Thu Sep 17 13:53:35 EST 2009

Damien Gardner Jnr wrote:

> The problem I can see with that, is that while noone generally knocks
> off their neighbour's phone books (unless you just got a new desk, and
> your monitors aren't high enough ;) ), I can see a mad scramble
> happening when the new batteries are distributed, with folks running
> around after the guys throwing them out, picking them up for their
> home gro-light setup (and replacing their own UPS batteries, etc.. ;)
>
> -_DG
mmm - good point - radio-controlled cars/boats, camping lighting -
perhaps a more secure distribution mechanism is needed after all - or
perhaps this is one of the social benefits of the NBN, and they should
just distribute 25% more batteries than the number of homes so the
people can obtain benefit from their economies of scale :-)

Paul.