[AusNOG] New /21 on Bogan / Delinquent Lists

Bill Walker Bill.Walker at staff.snap.net.nz
Wed Sep 16 14:13:05 EST 2009

From our recent experiences, the GEO IP databases are more of an issue than bogon filters.

Cheers,

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net [mailto:ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net] On Behalf Of Matt Hope
Sent: Wednesday, 16 September 2009 3:00 p.m.
Cc: ausnog at ausnog.net
Subject: Re: [AusNOG] New /21 on Bogan / Delinquent Lists

Anchor (Web Hosting) have a blog entry about what they did when they found themselves in a similar situation (albeit bogon filtered, instead of abuse-filtered):

http://www.anchor.com.au/blog/2009/05/testing-your-connectivity/

Some of the ideas may help pinpoint problem areas.

--
Matt Hope
IT Technology Team Leader | NICTA IT