[AusNOG] Telstra Outage?

Karl Kloppenborg karl at karltec.net
Thu Sep 3 11:07:17 EST 2009

Hi everyone,
I can confirm I too am having outages in Albury and "some" parts of
wodonga, its been on and off all morning, also have had DSL problems
all morning with any modem authenticating to LNS in SYD.
I made contact with telstra this morning regarding a customers TID
service and they said they were having no problems??
In total, 3G has been either no data / or switching to GPRS and
trickling or no data, Voice seems fine, DNS has been fine AFAIK, and
IP transit has been totally on the blink. though some residential
routes such as my equipment in newcastle is fully contactable?

Question though, is this effecting only NSW transit links? because if
I am in Albury using the ALB cell tower problems are everywhere, but
if I go further enough into VIC a bit past wodonga, I switch to the
"Barrenduda Victorian cell tower" and all problems go
away, any thoughts?

Cheers!
Karl Kloppenborg

P 02 8041 8971  EXT:104  | M 0438475892  |  www.karltec.net

Please consider the environment before printing this email. Think
before you print.