[AusNOG] 180/8

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Wed Oct 28 23:38:07 EST 2009

Terry Sweetser wrote:
> Seriously, with all the ipv4 space nearing exhaustion, who is still
> trying to filter "unallocated" space?

We took the IANA unallocated space out of the recommended bogon filters
that we use on most customer networks last year, because there really is
such a small lifetime left of this pool.

If everyone filtered their customers, the risks associated with removing
the filters would be reduced anyway. :-)

If you do want to filter this space, set up the bogon filter bgp feed from
Cymru - this is a self-updating equivalent to running your own filters.

Thanks
Andy