[AusNOG] Sydney Data Centre Options

Jessica Young jessica_young at y7mail.com
Sat Nov 28 17:01:09 EST 2009

Hi There. I have been tasked with a corporate project to deploy a number IT services off-site from our primary DC facility.  We are intending to split out the applications hosting aspects of our business and place these at the DC. On asking a few friends in Sydney about DC options, I have been pointed to Global Switch, Equinix and a company called E3 which are opening a new data centre in Sydney's southern suburbs.

I am in the process of reviewing our options and E3 could be a potential. If we did choose E3 then what are our commications or network options to the site as I am told this is a new site and is still being established. Can I please have some feedback on the options available at this new site at Alexandria. We would prefer Ethernet of approximately 200 megabit/sec or Dark Fibre if the price was right.  Are these services going to be available at the Doody Street site and if so who could provide the transmission?

Thanks in advance
Jessica