[AusNOG] your help required

Peter Davidoff lists at davidoff.com.au
Thu Nov 19 17:08:54 EST 2009

Hi Guy,

Suggest an IS management approach for something like this. The 'move'
would not only effect what you've mentioned but additionally impacts
upon an organisation's existing policies, procedures and management
systems. Lots of headaches for the non techs (executive) with regards to
regulation, legal obligations, stakeholders which requires involvement
during all stages of the transition.

Effective change management programs to ensure complete availability and
integrity of information during the transition would be required, also
training upon updated procedures and policies stemming from the new
engagement.

Risk analysis + vulnerability testing would be a good idea for both
physical (hardware) and logical (software) configuration changes. Would
need to ensure the move is a viable decision before committing (cost
benefit analysis, maybe).

Any CISSPS on AusNOG?

Peter Davidoff.