[AusNOG] Pipe Brisbane Peering Exchange traffic dropoff

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Thu Nov 12 15:08:44 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009, David Hughes wrote:

> "Commercial peering" ?  How do you guys define that?

Well, _I_ would say "I'm not announcing your routes with the intent of carrying
all internet sources to you, just a small subset of who I peer with."

But then, there's those pesky Cogent games, and whatever the heck is happening
with PI/PA space in IPv6 land. Stupid muddy waters.

(Apparently commercial peering is all the rage in Europe/USA nowdays, go figure.)

Adrian
(speaking for myself, as an amused spectator here.)