[AusNOG] Soul/TPG buying Pipe ...

Andrew Cox andrew at accessplus.com.au
Thu Nov 12 12:07:53 EST 2009

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/160384,smooth-slattery-to-soothe-isp-concerns-on-pipe-sale.aspx

/The SP Telemedia sale will create a vertically-integrated provider - a
mini-Telstra some have suggested - and ISPs will find themselves buying
wholesale connectivity from a competitor./

/Slattery told //iTnews today that he is more than aware of the perception./

/"It is certainly a perceived risk," he said. "I will be sitting down
with partners and customers at various functions over the next few weeks
to explain the very good reasons we are doing this./

/"The one thing I can say, in this circumstance, is that Soul/TPG is
making a very serious investment, and it would make no sense for them to
then change the PIPE business. It is very important for Soul that PIPE
remains as it is today./

/"PIPE is likely to have more wholesale products, not less. And I expect
no changes in management or staff - its business as usual for PIPE after
this."/