[AusNOG] IPv6 Broadband Trial

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Sat Nov 7 15:15:08 EST 2009

Tom Lanyon wrote:

> Hi Matthew,
>
> I did notice, however, that none of Internode's primary
> customer-facing services seem to be v6 enabled ;-)
> ... at least the ones I checked -
> {www,mail,mirror,advisories,secure}.internode.on.net.
As MK said - mirror has been for about 2 years.   We initially just put
in a AAAA record, but that confused people who had, for example, HE IPv6
tunnels and suddenly found traffic metered that wasn't expected.

Some of the other systems require more effort from people to allow them
to be v6'ifed and still remain scalable etc.

But, it's better to start and make progress than to give up early
without achieving anything.

MMC