[AusNOG] Issues with Cisco IOS 12.4(25) ?

David Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Wed May 6 12:24:16 EST 2009

On 06/05/2009, at 10:48 AM, Craig Meyers wrote:

> But does the nexus range have all the features of the current router
> range?
>
> Like, BGP/MPLS and sufficient resources to hold a full 'net route
> table?
>
> -- Craig

Not every feature (hell, not every version of IOS has everything) but
it's getting better.  OSPF v2 and v3, IS-IS, EIGRP, BGP and full table
isn't a problem.  VRFs are there.  MPLS is in development at the
moment.  HSRP, VRRP, GLBP with object tracking.  Unicast and
Multicast.  IPv4 and IPv6. Modular QoS.  Netflow.  Don't think it's
got NAT yet.  And it's all modular (and properly so) which is nice.
Real ISSU etc is there too.  Plus multi-chassis etherchannel helps get
rid of STP which can't be a bad thing :-)

See   http://tinyurl.com/djzo9s

There is an amazing large number of people working on the software so
I'd expect feature parity for the important features to be sooner than
you'd probably expect.  This is very interesting stuff and I hope
Cisco takes this farther afield than just DC switching.

David