[AusNOG] Quagga bgpd Crashes

Sean K. Finn Sean.Finn at ozservers.com.au
Tue May 5 13:25:44 EST 2009

Two things that stand out for me in this post that I love.

1. One of the aims of this setup is to demonstrate that 32-bit ASNs
do work and people should not steer away from them, especially
since the pool of 16-bit ASNs is shrinking fast.

Awesome test, I consider it a warning shot across the bow before the world gets on the 4Byte AS number bandwagon.

Perhaps this is one of the predicted 'Brownouts' of the posts of late.

2. Geert Jan has done this before.

Therefore, I'm expecting that on his third try, perhaps in six years, third time lucky as the saying goes, he will send the worldwide network Sentient from which we shall be unable to recover, similar to giving life to Frankenstein.

This sentient activity of course will be conducted over PPC1 as one of this new lifeforms major trunks, of which PIPE will charge the new being on a cents-per-MB model, and shortly thereafter usurp MicroGooSoftLe as the new megacorp.

-S
(Yes still awake on day 3 on a network outage high/)