[AusNOG] Amcom Outage thismorning

Andrew Cox andrew at accessplus.com.au
Fri Mar 20 21:43:11 EST 2009

Amcom Telecommunications Ltd
Level 18, 44 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000 Phone: 08 9244 6000 Fax:

Executive Fault Report
Customer: Ethernet Customers
Service: Ethernet Network
Fault Type: Loss of connectivity
Duration of Interruption: 3 hours 1 minute

Date of Notification: 20/03/2009
Time of Notification: 06:15am (WDST)
Date of Restoration: 20/03/2009
Time of Restoration: 09:16am (WDST)
Reported Issue: Ethernet service disruption
Action Summary: 06:15am - Amcom monitoring systems detected a fault in
the Amcom Ethernet network.
The network support team was dispatched immediately to investigate the
issue.
Network engineers commenced fault finding and problem diagnosis.
Affected network infrastructure was isolated and normal network
connectivity was restored.

09:16am - Services restored.

A detailed post incident review is currently underway and we will
communicate further details in the form of another PIR by COB Monday
23/03/2009.

Future Mitigation Strategy: A further detailed PIR will be issued by COB
Monday 23/03/2009.