[AusNOG] That list

Duncan Maitland me at dunc.com.au
Thu Mar 19 15:51:11 EST 2009

If I understand it correctly then the government plan is to block only a
subset of the ACMA list.

The ACMA list includes sites classified MA15+ and up. MA15+/R18+ is
prohibited if access is not restricted to ages 15+/18+, but X18+ and RC is
completely prohibited. (As to why a dentist falls into one of those
categories is beyond me.)

But as far as the mandatory filter goes, I believe Conroy has said that it
is only intended to block RC material. What the leaked list doesn't say is
what classification each of those sites has - that would be interesting to
know.