[AusNOG] Cisco router - In Session Shaping

Simon simonl at bigair.net.au
Fri Jan 16 14:35:59 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

On our systems we use Cisco routers, and we need to slow users once they
have exceeded their monthly download limit. We have separate peak and
off-peak time periods so sometimes we need to toggle the user's speed a
couple of times per day. Kicking the user out of session to apply the new
limit is not a good solution, which leads to unhappy customers. I know
people who have solved this problem with:

* 12.2SB IOS

* ISG

Are there any other solutions besides those?

Regards,

Simon