[AusNOG] Bandwidth prices/recommendations

Damien Morris damien at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Feb 26 18:18:22 EST 2009

Tier1 = networks we can't reach at PIPE or Equinix Exchange.. ;-)

On 26/02/09 6:15 PM, "Matthew Moyle-Croft" <mmc at internode.com.au> wrote:

Scott,
What do YOU mean by "Tier1"?   The concept of Tier 1 in Australia is interesting as most of the global tier 1s are forced to buy transit from Optus/Telstra/AAPT.   The only actual "Tier1" in Australia is VzB (AS703) I'd assert.  Neither Optus, Telstra or AAPT are "Tier1s" as they all buy their international off parent companies - none of whom are Tier1s.  Optus and AAPT both purchase International transit in Australia from other parties as well.

MMC