[AusNOG] Interesting - How a Router's Missed Range Check Nearly Crashed the Internet

Andrew Cox andrew at accessplus.com.au
Thu Feb 26 19:29:58 EST 2009

I use Mikrotik software on a number of our routers. The router licence
levels are reasonably priced (IMHO) and the system is (normally ahaha)
fully cisco compatible.
I find it amusing thou that a single bug in their software triggered an
OLD bug in the cisco system which could've been prevented.

To their credit, Mikrotik has already fixed this bug in the newest
version of the software (3.20)

I shall continue to use them as I have been quite happy with the core
routing functionality they provide (and I can build an MPLS-capable edge
router for far less than the cost of the Foundry NetIron M2404's) :-D

Andrew Cox
HNA AccessPlus