[AusNOG] apnic - desi valli spam?!

David Hill [Hostcentral] david.hill at hostcentral.net.au
Fri Feb 20 12:22:00 EST 2009

> Did anyone else get an overwhelming amount of spam from some extremely gay
> (well actually I can't decide if that moustache makes him look just gay, or if
> he's a full blown sex offender..Either way it was a REALLY bad choice of
> photo.. I guess it goes pretty well with the choice to spam people asking for
> votes..) looking indian fellow, to every address they've ever had listed
> against an apnic record, overnight?
>
> Wish he was australian, so we could get the ACMA spam police onto him :(

I've received 5 of them.

And yes, the photo is a bit of a concern. By 'bit' I mean 'lot.'

Spoke to APNIC about 5 minutes ago and the management committee is currently
handling this. I was asked to forward a copy of the emails to
helpdesk at apnic.net along with a list of addresses where I received the
emails.

I suggest everyone do the same.

Regards,