[AusNOG] Emails Lists - legal obligations

Ben Cornish Ben.Cornish at brennanit.com.au
Wed Feb 18 10:30:16 EST 2009

We have a couple of clients that have mass email lists to their clients. Touch wood we haven't had any spam complaints, but I guess its only a matter of time.
We are quite concerned about the implications they pose to us and what the legal obligation they have to conform to in order to send these mass emails out.

Does anyone have a link to where it states what is required or what is considered illegal distribution/SPAM ?
I once recall, they were required to have a Dual Opt in and a unsubscribe feature ?

Any help would be grateful.
Ben Cornish
National Network Manager

Direct 07 3234 9302  Direct: 02 8235 3520
Mobile 0417 617 204
Email Ben.Cornish at brennanit.com.au
Web www.brennanit.com.au