[AusNOG] Off topic --> IPHONE CRACK anyone got a link to a crackthat actually works

Chris Chaundy CChaundy at soulaustralia.com.au
Mon Feb 16 09:44:28 EST 2009

I've cracked my (G2) iPhone using Quickpwn for 2.1 and 2.2 (I haven't
done the latest 2.2.1 version yet).  One thing to note (as advised in
some of the blogs) - if you are doing this on some recent Mac laptops,
you will find that there is a bug (?) that affects the use of DFU mode.
The hack I have used is to connect the iPhone to the Mac via a USB hub
and not directly.  Otherwise see http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ 'Fixing DFU
mode on 10.5.6'.