[AusNOG] Research priorities?

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 19:37:17 EST 2009

Hi all

some of you know me as the Australian Chapter of the Internet Society
vice president, and others of you know me from jobs I have held in the
past, eg mgr of IP and R&D at Optus, or as Vodafone's (Au) network
manager, or from the ole AARNet days.

Recently I landed a new job in CSIRO as the research director of the
networking technologies lab. http://ict.csiro.au is a bit dated but
gives some context.

Hence I'd like to run an informal poll and ask people what you think
networking research priorities should be?

I may well go through some more formal processes in time (indeed I
probably will), but for now, I'd really appreciate whatever thoughts
people want to send me on where you think the contemporary problems
are in networking. Don't limit yourself to IP protocols, network
performance, operational standards and practices, etc but think
applications, usability, security...

If you think this is off topic, by all means tell me off list, however
I think I've seen more than one poll on nanog for research input!

All the best and thanks again to those who've already said hi and congrats

--

Narelle
narellec at gmail.com