[AusNOG] Carrier Independent Peering Exchange

Barry Raveendran Greene bgreene at senki.org
Thu Dec 17 13:43:41 EST 2009

Hello Team,

Shadowserver has new Conficker reports. This was instigated by internal
Conficker Working Group dialog. We are now set up to really see if
remediation is effective. As you can see in the data, Conficker is still
growing (A & B). This is concerning, which some are now starting to express

http://www.senki.org/?p=702 (like me)
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/12/group_ids_hotbeds_of_co
nficker.html (like Brian Krebs)
http://www.darkreading.com/security/client/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=22200
2367
http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11568

We (Conficker Working Group) are asking all ASNs members to do your part to
help remediate Conficker.

If you are not getting "Conficker" feeds for all of your "constituents,"
please sign up at Shadowserver.

The report also has a country level listing by ASNs. It is not perfect, but
it makes it easier to see how Australia is doing:

http://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Infections/Conficker-AU

Barry

------------------

Shadowserver is happy to announce a new set of statistics and charts
highlighting the widespread infection & propagation of Conficker. We thought
it would be of interest to illustrate the depth and extent of how Conficker
truly affects a worldwide scope of providers. While much public attention
has faded since the widely publicized April 1st 2009 "attack date", it's
quite evident that Conficker still maintains a huge foothold on many
computer systems worldwide.

Hopefully this report will again raise public awareness to a 6.5M node
botnet and drive remediation efforts from the providers themselves, as well
as the average computer user.

Shadowserver hopes you find these stats and charts as interesting as we
have. This is a dynamic page, so you can watch trends and remediation
efforts over time. As always, we're interested in how folks use and benefit
from our data and reports. Feel free to drop us a note anytime and give us
your feedback.

Shadowserver has posted a new blog about this at:

http://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Calendar/20091216

The Conficker stats and charts page can be found here:

http://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Stats/Conficker
--

Andre' M. Di Mino - SemperSecurus
The Shadowserver Foundation

"Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind
to each other and to everyone else."
Conficker mailing list
Conficker at mail.shadowserver.org