[AusNOG] Conroy announcement on filtering

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Tue Dec 15 17:52:40 EST 2009

As long as I can buy non-stupid CPE nodes. I'm sorry, but I don't trust
the CPE vendors in an open, mostly unregulated market to do it properly.

My experience with CPE vendors and their idea of HTTP "stuff" is ..
well, I'd punch people if I could. Honestly.

Adrian

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009, Sean K. Finn wrote:
> Excellent Idea.
>
> We should lobby the government to get this installed on all CPE devices, shift the problem onto the equipment vendors.
>
> It's perhaps akin to the government trying to stop driving fatalities by making main roads department coat the sides of all roads everywhere with marshmallows vs installing seatbelts or airbags in every vehicle.
>
> Perhaps this could co-incide with the IPv6 CPE Rollout coming up ;)
>
> -S

- $24/pm+GST entry-level VPSes w/ capped bandwidth charges available in WA -