[AusNOG] Conroy announcement on filtering

Julian De Marchi julian at jdcomputers.com.au
Tue Dec 15 17:27:57 EST 2009

 > I guess that Conroy's hoping market forces mean ISPs just have to
suck it up.

> If it was up to me I'd explicitly put a fee on customers bills to remind them about the cost inflicted by the government for such a heinously stupid idea.   I might then donate that to a charity who actually helps create good outcomes for kids in danger possibly demonstrating with some media coverage about how misspent the money was.

Good tactic. :)

From;
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/technology/technology-news/internet-censorship-plan-gets-the-green-light-20091215-ktzc.html

Third para down.

"The Communications Minister, Stephen Conroy, said today he would
introduce legislation just before next year's elections to force ISPs
to block a blacklist of "refused classification" (RC) websites for all
Australian internet users."

Maybe if Labor do not get back in this will not go ahead...

--
Cheers,
Julian De Marchi