[AusNOG] Google launches alternative DNS resolver

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Fri Dec 4 09:55:27 EST 2009

That just means we (the ISPs) get blamed for something else - unless
someone clones their behaviour (GOOG ones do wierd things if you read
about it).   Especially in a world where we at least have put a
distributed resolver farm in that means all of our customers at within a
ms or two plus their ADSL latency of a resolver on a super fast machine.

But, because most people don't understand DNS we still get blamed for
caching their bad records.  (What do you mean I need to change the TTL?
That's not my fault ... if I change to Google or OpenDNS it's okay so
it's your fault.  <sigh>)

MMC