[AusNOG] Reply to list or sender ?

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Aug 8 09:44:12 EST 2009

Hi David,

On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 22:09 +1000, David Hughes wrote:

> You know, the number of complaints I get about the "reply to list"
> setup is amazing.  I also think it's not ideal.  I'd be happier with
> the list setup with reply to sender (as is nanog, c-nsp, ietf etc etc
> etc).   Thoughts?
>

> David

My opinion is, if someone on a public mailing list says something, then
they should expect the reply on the list.

Think someone asks a question about a rare and unusual configuration,
someone answers that person, answering to the list benefits all
(archives/fresh ideas blah blah blah), answering direct, nobody is any
the wiser, the correct way for a list to be setup is reply-to list and
apart from the handful of lists you mentioned, that's how it is on every
list I'm subscribed to, and on those that it isn't half the people end
up replying to all so we get two copies of everything :)

my 0.22c

> On 07/08/2009, at 5:50 PM, Skeeve Stevens wrote:

Skeeve still using those bogon IP's?  I haven't seen a post of his in
months :)

Cheers , have a great weekend all.