[AusNOG] Can anyone do temporary 300mbps connectivity to Gold Coast Convention Centre on short notice?

David Connors david at codify.com
Thu Aug 6 15:57:16 EST 2009

Hi Folks,
This is a long shot given time constraints but I thought I would ask
anyway.

We need 300mbps of temporary Internet connectivity to the Gold Coast
Convention Centre from mid/late August to mid September. We had a 300mbps
service set to go however the building that the CPE terminates in next to
the centre went into receivership last Friday and the receivers are not
allowing access to the machine room (we've thought about the low impact
telecoms notices and so on but we are out of time and they won't be
responsive anyway - we've flogged that horse to death and then some and got
nowhere).

We have a fallback of a 100mbps Telstra Internet Direct service that is in
the centre already however that won't be sufficient for our expected load.

I'd love to hear from you if you're in a position to be able to provide a
300 mbps+ connection to On The Net at the Gold Coast as they were going to
provide the connectivity back to Pipe DC3.

Alternatively, we would entertain laser or microwave link solutions however
due to time constraints we need someone to provide the entire solution
including gear rental install/remove and just present is with gig copper or
fibre.

We have Gold Coast City Council approval to affix a temporary fibre run to
the TE Peters Drive bridge next to the convention centre if you can provide
connectivity directly near it (i.e. the 'island' west of the centre):
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Gold+Coast+Convention+Centre,queensland,+australia&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=94.871889,118.476562&ie=UTF8&ll=-28.028927,153.428589&spn=0.006894,0.007231&t=h&z=17-
as it is a temporary link earth works are out of the question.

David.

--
David Connors (david at codify.com)
Software Engineer