[AusNOG] Checking maximum routes in a vrf

McDonald Richards macca at vocus.com.au
Mon Apr 27 12:44:07 EST 2009

>From what I recall this is a per-PE setting so you'll need to check each
individually.

Macca

From: ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net
[mailto:ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net] On Behalf Of Langton, Russell P
Sent: Monday, 27 April 2009 12:31 PM
To: ausnog at lists.ausnog.net
Subject: [AusNOG] Checking maximum routes in a vrf

Guys,

Anyone know of a way to check the maximum routes in a VRF without checking
the config?

There must be a way to do it via sh ip ro vrf <> or similar...

I've been tasked with confirming this for a customer, and don't look forward
to checking all our routers.

I can't think of a quick way to do this with a script.

We are talking cisco 7200s here.

!

ip vrf N2518960R

description

rd 251:8960

route-target export 251:8960

route-target export 1221:2518960

route-target import 251:8960

route-target import 1221:2518960

maximum routes 10000 90

mdt default 239.252.0.2

!

________________________________

Russell Langton

Technical Expert

IP Edge Networks

Telstra Corporation Limited

Ph:    (03) 9693 4802

Mob:  0438 820 182

Fax:  (03) 9662 9271

Email: Russell.Langton at team.telstra.com

This communication may contain CONFIDENTIAL or copyright information of
Telstra Corporation Limited (ABN 33 051 775 556).

If you are not an intended recipient, you MUST NOT keep, forward, copy, use,
save or rely on this communication, and any

such action is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please reply to this e-mail to

notify the sender of its incorrect delivery, and then delete both it and
your reply. Thank you