[AusNOG] CNET: Google uncloaks once-secret server

Sean K. Finn Sean.Finn at ozservers.com.au
Fri Apr 3 13:36:44 EST 2009

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Hitachi/0A35415/

Power
	Requirement +5 VDC (±5%)
			+12 VDC (±10%)

	Startup current (A, max.) 2.0 (+12V), 1.3 (+5V)

	Idle 		 (W) 4.8 (2 disk) 		3.6 (1 disk)

So looks like yes, they require 5v too.

Internet Archive Nov 2003 Petabyte Box:
http://www.baumgart.org/petabytebox.pdf
Suggest 800Amps 240v. (Again with the 200-240). (And what suprises me here is that they guestimate only $10,000 for that setup, heh. Oh how copper prices have changed).

Big G's layout appears to have taken the cooler units from outside the box, and put them under the racks themselves, but kept the general hot isle cold isle layout very similar.

-S