[AusNOG] Hardware Disposal

Scott Burns scott.burns at opengear.com
Wed Jun 25 11:45:38 EST 2008

Daragh Mc Grath wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>
> I need to offload some junk PC's / components in Brisbane, and was
> wondering who I should use for this? I have just enquired with one
> service who have quoted me $350 for disposing of the following, and
> I'm not sure if that's a good deal or not.
>
> 1 x laser printer
> 8 x Desktops
> 1 x Laptop
> 3 x Keyboards
> 5 x CRT Monitors
>
> I've heard that Brisbane City Council dispose of 'domestic quantities'
> for free, but, given this is for a business, I'm not sure we qualify.
> Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Have a look at these guys:

http://www.briscomcomputerrecyclers.com.au/pricing-brisbane-computer-recycling.html

No idea how good they are - I only know about them because I missed out
on an ebay auction they ran once.  It looks like they would start from
$130 to pick it up, depending on how big the items are.

Scott Burns
Opengear