[AusNOG] Small Pipe BNE/Agile issue

Rob Wise rob at wonk.org
Sun Jun 15 11:39:58 EST 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Matthew Moyle-Croft
<mmc at internode.com.au> wrote:

> Hold on a tick here.   How so?   With an MLPA (eg PIPE/WAIX/etc) I have
> no direct relationship with the other party - only with the MLPA IX.  If
> I want to mess with routing it affects all peers at that MLPA.   For
> instance, I have NO idea how, except informally to contact almost anyone
> else's NOC at PIPE.   Whereas for all my bilaterals I have a lovely list
> of phone numbers/email addresses/IM/etc if I have an issue.

Given the abundance of cheap SIP handsets these days I would hope that
most (all?) of the PIPE participants would be on the INOC-DBA phone
system.  I recall a few years back WAIA provided handsets to all WAIX
peers to improve communication.

More info:
http://www.pch.net/inoc-dba/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INOC-DBA