[AusNOG] Bigpond contact

Steve Bertrand steveb at eagle.ca
Wed Jun 4 10:31:53 EST 2008

Pardon the noise on the list, but all attempts to the recommended
contacts at Bigpond have failed regarding my issue I posted about late May:

http://www.ausnog.net/pipermail/ausnog/2008-May/001124.html

One person from Telstra that did contact me seemed promising. However
the next week, they emailed me back stating they had gone on a two day
holiday.

Last Monday, I was informed by the same person the problem would be
looked at immediately (in the same email I was advised of the holiday).
I have not heard back from them since.

It has been nearly two weeks and we still have no SMTP connectivity to
Bigpond.

Thankfully, we are a small ISP so we only have a handful of users to
explain "we're working on it" to, so this seems to be a small issue but
a big problem.

To recap:

cohiba# dig mx bigpond.com
bigpond.com. (..snip..)  extmail.bigpond.com.

cohiba# ping extmail.bigpond.com
64 bytes from 61.9.168.122: icmp_seq=0 ttl=237 time=243.069 ms

cohiba# telnet extmail.bigpond.com 25
Trying 61.9.168.122...
(...time out)

My IPv4 allocation is 208.70.104.0/21. It doesn't appear as though the
MX has an implicit IPv6 address, so I can't test that.

 From all the research we have done at our end, we are not listed in any
of the major RBL's, but even if we were, I would think we should still
be able to hit the MTA level.

Any help whatsoever to get this resolved would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Steve

--
Steve Bertrand