[AusNOG] IPv4 Exhaustion, APNIC EC, and James is a nice bloke ; -)

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Sun Jul 20 12:25:02 EST 2008

On 20/07/2008, at 11:38 AM, Nathan Gardiner wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand why this issue couldn't be addressed by CPE
> manufacturers providing an almost functionally equivalent security
> default for IPv6 equipment.

The CPE manufacturers often have trouble releasing firmware that
manages to
get all the way through its boot sequence without crashing.

There's a fairly simple question of basic ability in play here.

   - mark

Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au
  (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:
newton at atdot.dotat.org  (H)
Internode Systems Pty Ltd                 Desk:   +61-8-82282999