[AusNOG] any inside info on the current Optus / Other outage

Sean K. Finn Sean.Finn at ozservers.com.au
Tue Jul 15 09:56:33 EST 2008

Ahh that outage is next week, I might just turn off Optus as I'll be at the registrar's convention during that outage :)

Here's latest from Whingepool, Again unverified.
QUOTE
A. Confirmation from Optus, the fault is @ their P.O.P in Stanthorpe QLD (163km West of Kyogle N.S.W) - Google Map it if you need.
B. 0930 restoration has been removed.
C. Helicopter is being use to transport the card to Stanthorpe once it arrives @ Moorooka via courier.
D. Optus have advised that there has been issues on both the inland and costal transmission paths.
i. Inland - faulty high order transmission card failure
ii. Costal - fibre cut. ( Interestingly the cut happend moments after the inland transmission failure! )
E. As for validity of my sources. I work at a telco, with direct numbers to the OPTUS NOC.
END QUOTE.

-S