[AusNOG] Happy new year / New rules for age-restricted internetand mobile content after the 20th of january 2008

lists technical at halenet.com.au
Wed Jan 2 20:25:55 EST 2008

  We have every bit as much reach as Uncle Rupert.  We're in the living
  rooms of almost every house in the country, and all the voters who
  have spent the last decade turning away from Television in droves
  are spending their time with us instead.  We have an enormous
  platform, a hugely loud voice, which we've never seen fit to use.

  But squandering it doesn't mean we don't have it.

  The one thing that all customers understand is $'s,  we need to tell them that it going to cost them more money per month and we all need to specify the same amount.  Sounds like a good excuse to add some margin  Thanks Kevin 07.   Kevin who in 10

  I will bet you the Gov will quickly feel the heat and back off or at least water down the requirements.

  We also need to explain that FTTX node will mean more expensive phone and internet at the same time.  Back to the monopoly days.  Thanks Kevein 07.   The business case will not stack up unless the copper is cut and every user is forced to use the new network

  regards

  Tim