[AusNOG] Happy new year / New rules for age-restricted internetand mobile content after the 20th of january 2008

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Wed Jan 2 12:41:15 EST 2008

On 02/01/2008, at 11:45 AM, Trent Lloyd wrote:

> Perhaps google could provide a little URL checking service of whether
> they thought it was adult safe or not, becuase they already have a-lot
> of crazy scalable infrastructure - but I'm waiting for the law suits
> for mis-listing :)

They already do.  There's a preference setting in Google which indicates
whether you want censored search results, which defaults to "on".

I suspect the fact that you had no idea it existed means you've probably
never looked for it, which probably implies that you don't care about
it.
Which, funnily enough, places you in the same bucket as 99% of the
Australian Internet-using public :-)

   - mark

Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au
  (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:
newton at atdot.dotat.org  (H)
Internode Systems Pty Ltd                 Desk:   +61-8-82282999