[AusNOG] Happy new year / New rules for age-restricted internet and mobile content after the 20th of january 2008

Alan Arnott alan at arnotts.net.au
Wed Jan 2 09:40:35 EST 2008

Dear Marco

Happy new year to you too!

We have been battling this issue in Australia for a number of years and with the new Federal Labor Government it seems the battle is still not over.

For news on this, see http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22990520-27197,00.html.

For the results of our 2004 "Review of the regulation of content delivered over mobile communications devices", see http://www.dbcde.gov.au/media_broadcasting/consultation_and_submissions/closed_consultations/a_review_of_the_regulation_of_content_delivered_over_mobile_communications_devices

Regards

Alan Arnott
Technology Lawyer

ARNOTTS LAWYERS
P: +61(0)2 9419 6355
F: +61(0)2 9419 8795
E: alan at arnotts.net.au
www.arnotts.net.au

This message is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the addressee. It may also be privileged or protected by other legal rules such as legal privilege. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by reply to the sender and delete it  from your system. Confidentiality and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message to you. You should not copy this message or use or disclose its contents to anyone without our express consent. We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses, defects or anything similar in any transmission to you. If this email also contains an attachment you should not open the attachment unless you acknowledge our exclusion of all liability for viruses, defects and the like which may be contained in any such attachment and which may cause any damage or loss to you as a result. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
  _____