[AusNOG] Networking professionals required for usability trials of "L3DGEWorld"

Sean K. Finn Sean.Finn at ozservers.com.au
Wed Feb 27 17:48:27 EST 2008

>8x --------------------------------------------------
>Narelle wrote:
>> Is this where I grumble that these things are never tested on a range
of users?

>> That usability in network management systems is rarely ever
considered?

>> That once again, it sounds like something novel is being tested on
>> wasp males in a specific age group???
>>
>> Oh gee. What a surprise. Yes fellas, there are women, old people,
>> ethnics, that operate networks quite effectively. Not to mention the
>> growing numbers in offshore monitoring centres.
>>
>> The more diverse your test cases and test subjects, the more likely
it
>> is you will pick up the bugs.
>
>Agreed, I just realised that the sentence above is rather clumsy. The
>line "from networking professionals through to non-networking
>professionals" in my head was the boolean expression:
>
>"from (networking professionals) through to !(networking
professionals)"
>  i.e. ("everyone else")
>
>When I put it on the page it created the odd sentence above that could
>easily be read as:
>
>"...through to ((!networking) but-still-professionals)".

The way I read the very very above, was that the groups they wanted
were..

1. Networking Professionals
2. Networking Unprofessionals, but who still had a bit of a clue.

Rather than..

1. A test group that had a complete clue on networking.
2. A test group that had no clue, ( as opposed to half a clue )

-Sean.