[AusNOG] Comindico routing

Martin Barry marty at supine.com
Thu Apr 24 09:53:05 EST 2008

$quoted_author = "Adrian Chadd" ;

> About the only breakage I hear about these days is related to DNS -
> Squid does the DNS lookup itself and will always forward to that.
> Some people with locally defined hostnames complain that the proxy stops them
> accessing these and Squid can be patched to fail through to passthrough on
> DNS resolve failure (and not cache anything!) but the consensus atm seems
> to be that re-enforcing the DNS for transproxied stuff is a semi security
> benefit..

I know it's a corner case but just because example.com resolves doesn't mean
that it's not also defined somewhere else.

TPG have never really been up front about the trans-proxy but it's existence
has been common knowledge in some circles (i.e. whingepool) for a long time.

cheers
marty

--
<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
	capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety

http://www.bash.org/?4753