[AusNOG] Feedback on the ISOC-AU IPv6 Project

Narelle Clark narellec at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 12:41:35 EST 2007

[apologies for cross post]

All,

Last year the Internet Society of Australia (ISOC-AU) won a Government
grant to promote IPv6 awareness and eventual adoption in Australia. A
range of other ICT societies supported this activity.

The process is now in its final stages and the final report is due to
be submitted to DCITA before Easter.

One deliverable is for a series of companies that work in the ICT
domain to answer questions about three quite short documents all of
which are on the following website: www.ipv6.org.au .

My request is that you to do the following:

1. Go to the website and find in the middle a pink heading "The IPv6 for
e-Business Project" under which are several subheadings including
"Mapping", "Enabling" and "Awareness".
2. Read the document under "Mapping" (it is approx 4 A4 pages long) and
advise whether or not you found the document generally a) useful and b)
comprehensible.
3. Read the document under "enabling", making sure to open and read the
material under the four headings (Business Case Scenarios, ROI
Evaluator, Transition Checklist and Easy Access Device) - approx 10 A4
pages in all - and advise whether or not you found the document
generally a) useful and b) comprehensible.
4. Download the ROI Calculator (see link in the ROI Evaluator section)
and advise whether the spreadsheet and process outlined is one that your
organisation might use to help in determining when you might make the
transition to IPv6.
5. Read the document under "Awareness" (it is approx 1 A4 page long) and
advise whether or not you found the document generally a) useful and b)
comprehensible.

Only YES/NO answers are required.  Additional comments will be
appreciated but are not mandatory.  Below is the reply proforma:

Mapping:   useful Y/N, comprehensible Y/N
Enabling:  useful Y/N, comprehensible Y/N
ROI Calculator: likely/unlikely to use
Awareness:  useful Y/N, comprehensible Y/N
Comment: discretionary.

I think this will take about an hour to do justice to.

I would be appreciative if you could respond to me by COB Friday 30
Mar.  I will collate the results and forward to ISOC-AU.

Many thanks in advance for your help and my apologies in advance for the
short notice - it's the compressing doppler effect of a Government
imposed hard-stop!

thanks

Narelle

--