[AusNOG] Re: AUSNOG Conference? (AUSCERT#200747f37)

Robert Lowe rlowe at auscert.org.au
Thu Jun 14 09:57:18 EST 2007

Greetings AUSNOG,

> The "organisers" and the "host" can be totally separate.

Within this context, AusCERT would be happy to host an AUSNOG event (either
the Sunday before or the Thursday after) next year's AusCERT conference (May
2008). By doing this we'd be able to roll a lot of the logistics into the rest
of the conference organisation, without too much overhead. Also, there is the
option to arrange some relevant speakers from the main conference to talk at
the AUSNOG conference.

We'd prefer the organisation (particularly deciding the program, call for
papers etc.) be done by people who are more active within the AUSNOG community.

Regards,
Rob.

--
Robert Lowe, Computer Security Analyst   | Hotline: +61 7 3365 4417
AusCERT, Australia's national CERT       | Fax:     +61 7 3365 7031
QLD 4072 Australia                       | Email:   auscert at auscert.org.au