[AusNOG] AusNOG list charter

Terry Manderson terry at apnic.net
Fri Jun 1 10:37:37 EST 2007

I guess this is my cue to speak.

At the recent Asia Pacific Information Technology Security Conference
(AUSCERT2007) a short and small BoF was held. Thanks to Auscert for
providing the room, time, and drinks. Also thanks to some international
participants who have experienced other 'nogs from inception to where
they are now.

Before I go further, APNIC is a neutral body in this and we take the
view that where possible we will attempt to support the formation of
any networking related organisation that has a grounded view of open
discussion on internet networking related issues in a professional
manner. eg APNIC supports APRICOT, SANOG, PACNOG and a raft of other
'nogs and forums in various ways.

I also think that Bevan and the PIPE guys need some recognition for
establishing the list, and website - but mainly for remaining fiercely
neutral.

At the BoF it was suggested to send an email to the list and see how
many would be interested in attending an initial one day AUSNOG
conference (perhaps at the tail end of AUSCERT2008)?

If there was sufficient response from the list, efforts could then be
made to look for sponsors, speakers, and other bodies required to pull
it all together as AUSNOG-1.

This means that it is now up to you all to raise your voices in a
crescendo of interest...

Cheers
Terry

Terry Manderson                         email:      terry at apnic.net