[AusNOG] Position Available - Network Operations at ISP - Sydney Australia
skeeve at skeeve.org
Wed Oct 25 16:30:05 EST 2006
(I hope this is ok to post to all the lists included on the CC). Please
only send applications to the email address at the bottom of the email),
email me questions if you like, but don't send replies to the mailing lists
this was sent to. Thanks.
* Regional Wireless ISP
* Cisco Skills
* Wireless Skills
Network Operations: (Full-time)
This role is in the Network Operations area of Cirrus Communications and is
based in the Gosford head office. This role reports directly to the Network
Operations Manager and will be primarily involved in the looking after of
the day-to-day operations of the network infrastructure and systems. This
role would be ideal for someone interested in Wireless technologies as the
role would later specialise into managing the Wireless operations as well as
backing up other Network staff when required.
The ideal person for this role currently or has recently worked in the ISP
industry. If you feel you are able to meet the challenges of running an ISP
network then don't hesitate and email your resume now.
If you've not worked in an ISP, but your networking skills are excellent and
you can answer subnetting questions off the cuff and know Cisco IOS, then
please consider this role.
Experience and/or Qualifications
- Very good technical and administrative skills with demonstrated experience
in an ISP environment
- Demonstrated formal training relating to a required skills below
- Well developed conceptual thinking/problem solving skills
- Well developed written & oral communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Level support
Technical skills which are required:
- Excellent TCP/IP skills (NAT/PAT/DHCP/Subnetting and LAN Switching)
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 knowledge
- Reasonable skills of Cisco IOS - Routers and Switches (Skills must be
current and you WILL be quizzed at the interview)
- Wireless (802.11) knowledge - Channels, Frequencies, etc
- Routing skills in at least 2 of the following: RIP, OSPF, or BGP.
- Linux Administration - Must have good working systems administration
knowledge - RedHat Enterprise 3 or 4 will be viewed favourably.
- Windows Platform knowledge - Must have good user level knowledge of
Microsoft products such as XP, Windows 2000, Windows 2003 Server, Office XP
(Word, Excel, Visio, etc). MS Project will be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of how the internet works
Technical skills which are desired:
- Some knowledge of other Last mile technologies - DSL, Dialup, ISDN, etc
- Programming Skills in one or more of the following: Shell, Perl, PHP,
- ISP applications - Databases - Postgres/mySQL; Apache Webserver; Bind;
Sendmail/Postfix; POP Servers, Radius, Anti-Spam/Virus systems
- QoS skills
- SNMP and performance monitoring tools such as Cacti, RRDTool, MRTG
- Pre-Sales Technical Support
Remuneration depends on skill set and experience.
Requirements: Own Transport (Car); Live reasonably close to Gosford
(preferably); be ok with travel around the country if required;
Permanent Citizen with rights to work in Australia.
Email applications to: jobs at cirruscomms.com.au
Please only email resumes/cover letters to the above email address. Do not
phone regarding this position.
Recruitment companies please DO NOT RING.
Skeeve Stevens, RHCE Email: skeeve at eintellego.net
eIntellego - www.eintellego.net - Cell: +61(0)414 753383
Address: P.O Box 1035, Epping, NSW, 1710, Australia
More information about the AusNOG