[AusNOG Classifieds] Mikrotik 10GB CCRs

Andrew Cox andrew.cox at bigair.net.au
Fri Apr 11 12:22:42 EST 2014

It seems Skeeve and I have this discussion every year, but I have to agree
with him on "right tool, right job".

While I completely disagree on the "it is junk" if you're going to deploy
gear in production you make damn sure you've tested it and you're confident
on the reliability.
Make sure you have redundancy and lab your major networks before anything
else.

I've been using the gear for 9 years now and have yet to come to a point
where I've needed to swap it out for an alternative. But I'm not everyone
out there and a lot of the jobs I end up consulting on are ones where
people with minimal industry experience have bought the gear simply based
around its cost then had no idea how to actually use it properly so people
leave with a bad taste in their mouths.

Just my 2c :-)

- Andrew